Question
Posted by: caught in a web | 2012/10/19

pornography addiction

Dear Cyber shrink,

I have been friends with a guy for nearly four years now. We get along well, we''ve been very close in the past but had no emotional or sexual love relationship. Pure close friends.

Now, this guy is involved with a girl 6 years his junior, finishing matric this year. At one point he started sending me pornographic pictures he found on the web and then suggested we played this game where he sends me a picture and I send one back.

At first I found it amusing and thought it was funny, but it''s come to the point where I''m really beginning to think he''s addicted. It''s now a daily game, where he''s sending me a number of pictures. The nature of these being quite explicit. I don''t find this material arousing, but don''t have the guts to stand up to him and tell him to stop.

If he has a girlfriend, why is he sending this to me if we''ve never been that close or familiar and how do I go about this? I feel guilty about his girlfriend and am quite alarmed that this could be signs of something serious.

Could you please advise?!

Is he new girlfriend of legal ahe ? Or is his affair with her potentially illegal ?
Trying to exchange porno pix with you, where he doesn't even have a sexual or close relationship with you, and without your consent, is at the l;east in extremely bad taste and disrespectful of you. Its not an issue of addiction on his side, but of a preference for disrespecful sex.
Just say NO. Firnly and clearly, and dont feel apologetic. Send one final message to him sayi g you dont enjou or appreciate the stuff he is sending you and in future all messages from him wil be deleted unopened and unread. And if possible, change your mobile number and email address

2
Posted by: Nicky | 2012/10/20

If you feel in your heart that this is wrong, then it is. Woman have an inbuilt intuition and I believe we should act on this and not ignore it. Simply turn off your phone or just do not reply. Perhaps this is his way of trying to pick you up. You have to be strong enough to say enough is enough, to here and no further.

Best wishes.

Reply to Nicky