Question
Posted by: DISAPPOINTED MOM | 2008/09/30

PORN AND 12 YEAR OLD

I walked in one morning with my son watching porn. This belongs to hubby. Hubby feels its fine that he wanted to watch cos he is a boy.
I dont agree. How do I explain to hubby this.

Your husband is being unusually foolish. While there's no huge amount of evidence to sugest that exposure to porn is necessarily damaging, 12 is way too young to be exposed with the apparent approval of an irresponsible father, and some would s=consider this abuse or at least neglect. There are so many important things to do AS A CHILD, when one is a child, without leaping ahead into adult concerns prematurely.
Your son is of course not to be blamed --- any kid would be curious if such material was accessable. But your husband's reponse is irresponsible. Tell you husband that if this continues you will consider discussing it with child welfare, and just talk calmly with your son about this --- be cautious that he doesn't get more disturbed by a calamitous response on your part than from the original exposure to such material

5
Posted by: KWAKS | 2009/02/16

i think my friend is adicted to porn how do i make him to stop

Reply to KWAKS
Posted by: Mom | 2008/09/30

If you make a big deal out of it, then he will want to see what all the fuss is about. I can see your anger and understand it, I would feel the same.

I would not worry too much, knowledge is power. Sit your son down and talk to him about what he saw and what he thinks about it. Help him to deal with the images and explain to him where necessary and tell your hubby to stash him porn in a better spot next time. Sex is not dirty (also some porn is shocking) and your son needs to learn that most of what is saw is natural.

There is no need for the family to be torn about by an accident like this. It wasn' t intentional and no harm was meant. What boy at 8 or 9 hasn' t found daddies scope or hustler yet??

Reply to Mom
Posted by: Melinda | 2008/09/30

No my dear, this is unhealthy and inappropriate for a 12 year old boy! best you speak to hubby.

Reply to Melinda
Posted by: Sg | 2008/09/30

Your husbands response is clearly wrong.However,all boys will sneak a look at porn whether we like it or not.A 12 year old is rather young admittedly.
Don' t encourage your son and have a serious chat to him but I can promise you he will find it somewhere.It is unfortunately the reality of life.

Reply to Sg
Posted by: dips | 2008/09/30

you are married to a pyscho. How can he say that. he is a small boy and he is not supposed to see things like that more especially at home.

Its totally wrong and did the boy find it lying around the house?

Reply to dips