Question
Posted by: Gruffi | 2009/03/27

Porn addiction

Dear Doc

Please help. I have a porn addiction. I know that it is wrong and I feel VERY strong against it but I often slip. How can I help myself?

Gruffi

Check the archives of this forum, as we've discussed this many times. Sometimes, when one feels VERY srongly about something like this, it can unfortunately make it more attractive ( the attration of the forbidden ). And good practical psychologist offering CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) should be able to help you plan a program to rid yourself from any excessive attraction to this sort of stuff ( online, perhaps ? ) and to limit the amount of time you spend hunting it.