Question
Posted by: AA | 2012/03/22

Porn

Is there a specific danger to watching porn with your spouse? Both consenting adults but does this mask a potential problem or is it harmless? I would really appreciate positive responses. I’ m not quite sure if watching this together makes me feel better or hurting my self confidence (or my spouse). I’ m telling myself its harmless fun, we being naughty together but I also want to put to bed the thought that it might be masking a problem. Is it normal?

Visual stimulation is one of the very powerful stimulators in sexual responses. By the sound of it you and your husband both enjoy it and it does something for both of you. As longs as you both bear in mind that the porn is an aspect to your sexual excitement – to spice up things and that it does not become the be all and end all of your sexual relationship it should not be harmful. Furthermore you should always bear in mind that porn is made under “artificial” circumstances and that the actors are paid to perform…so that is not the norm and to expect of yourself to be and act that way would most definitely be an unfair expectation and pressure on yourself and your partner. Always be yourself and look at ways to enhance your sexual relationship with your partner. Should you at any time feel uncomfortable you should have the openness to discuss it with your partner.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

2
Posted by: AA | 2012/03/22

Thank you!

Reply to AA
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/03/22

Reply to Sexologist