Question
Posted by: THANDI | 2011/09/21

Porn

I like watching porn I can watch it the whole day but doing sex with my partner is difficult I do not whether it is because he is giving me stress. For me to sleep or to be relieved I have to watch porn. Is that good?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

It's not a question of good or bad, it is a question of whether your behavior causes you social or occupational distress. It sounds as if it does. There are various treatment options open to you, and given the fact that your addiction takes up a significant portion of each day, I would suggest that you seek in-patient treatment without delay. It is important that you do not judge your behaivor, as process addictions that are sexual in nature often carry a strong shame based stigma that adds to the stress of the addiction per se.