Question
Posted by: JC | 2010-06-15

Porn

I know it is " normal"  for men to watch porn, but how do I determine if my 21yr old son watches too much porn - is addicted to porn? how do I handle this situation, how to I talk to him about it? Who do I see to discuss this?

He's 21 and an adult, and responsible for his own choices. What makes you think there is a problem, a "situation" ? Presumably he would be watching whatever porn he does, privately, in his own room ? If not, its more a problem of bad manners. "Addiction" is being used far too often as a convenient excuse.
If he is otherwise able to lead a usual social and work life, and isn't inconveniencing others, is there a problem ? If there was, you could simply advise him that whatever aspect of this seems to you to be problematic, and to advse him to see a counsellor to deal with it if he agress there is a problem. It wouldn't reall be appropriate for you to see someone else to discuss his private behaviour

3
Posted by: Horny Guy | 2010-06-15

oh please let him watch porn

Reply to Horny Guy
Posted by: Purple | 2010-06-15

It might be normal but you can and should expect him to respect you as his parent and not watch it in your home or when you are there at least.

Reply to Purple