Posted by: Sarah | 2008-11-12

I am diagnosed with Porforie. I know that I should wear a bracelett but where can I read about what it is and what should I do and not do! I have spots on my hands from it - are there a way to get rid of it?

Dear Sarah
See this website:
Porphyria is an inherited disease, where there is a metabolic abnormality ( you don't have the enzymes needed for the breakdown of the hemoglobin part of the red blood cells, causing a build up of porphyrins in the blood). The best treatment of marks on the hands is to prevent the blisters and dermatitis caused by sunlight. Marks left are usually scar tissue. Using tissue or bio oil may help?

Posted by: charlotte | 2009-03-30

My daughter keeps complaining that she feels dizzy. She does suffer from low Iron, could this cause this. I am worried

Reply to charlotte