Posted by: Poppidy pop | 2010-08-07

Popping sound in ears

Dear Doc - When I lie down on my side and my one ear is closed of by the pillow I hear a very anoying popping sound in my ear almost as if someone is bursting bubble rap right next to my eardrum (only the ear that is on the pillow)- I cant stay in that position even if i try because it gets extreamly anoying almost painfull - I treid to wait it out thinking its all in the head but it is always like that and happen in both ears. I started noticing this about 4 months ago never had it before? - Feel a bit silly to ask about this.

Poppidy pop

I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination, as it is possible that you have a slight sinus infection that is causing inflammation in the middle ear. You can start using Ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation.

Kind regards