Popcorn at the movies

Hi, please help me with the following - the small box I am referring to is the normal small, not the kiddie size (not sure if there is a difference)...

Do you know how much the small box of popcorn at the movies weigh or how many cups of popcorn fit into it (i.e. 500grams of Popcorn or 5 x 250ml size cups)?

Also, do you know if you the popcorn at the movies are air popped or is it made in oil?

And a bonus answer would be: Do you know how much kilojoules and saturated fat is in a small box?

Will the added seasoning increase the kilojoules? Like salt and vinegar, sour cream etc.

Thank you!

Dear Anonymous
I must admit that I don't know the weight of the popcorn that is sold at the movies in a normal sized box. What I do know, is that popcorn is very light, and that 1 cup (250 ml) weighs about 16-20g, so if the box contains 2 cups it may weigh about 40g. Plain unbuttered popcorn contains 1908 kJ/100g, so 40g would provide 763 kJ which represent 12,1% of the daily energy requirement of an adult woman who is trying to lose weight. According to the SA Food Tables, plain unbuttered popcorn contains 3.3g of saturated fat/100g. You will have to ask the attendants at your local cinema the following questions: a) How much this normal box contains in grams and if they use oil to pop their corn (I suspect they do!). You will then be able to calculate the energy content and the saturated fat content for yourself. The seasoning will not increase the kJ, but be careful of the high sodium content of all these seasonings.

Hi, saw in the history that you have said the following:
1908 kJ/100g... would the saturated fat depend on if it is made in oil or not?

I really like going to the movies, but cannot imagine not having a box of popcorn. So instead of the usual large, I reckon it is better to have the small box... I cannot go without completely!

I am with Weight Watchers now and need to " budget"  for the popcorn before having it...