Question
Posted by: Carol | 2010-03-09

poor weight gain

Me and two of my children are very thin and thin boned. I am always told to leave it as it is probably genetic. Which aspect though? I once went for a general blood test (while ovrseas) and one of the comments was impaired liver function. What type of doctor does one consult to rule out (or confirm) poor liver function and other digestive problems that possibly cause poor nutrition intake etc?

Hallo Carol
Your GP can do the basic tests and refer you to a gastro enterologist if necessary. It may be a good idea to also see a dietician to ensure that you are eating correctly and taking in enough calories.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-09

Hallo Carol

Reply to cyberdoc