Posted by: Bronwyn | 2008-11-04

How do I get fit and lose weight without joining a gym or using expensive equipment.
I was thinking of running and some exercises at home? My problem areas are thighs (96cm), stomach (81cm), bum (114cm) and I' m a 30 year old female

Hi Bronwyn

With summer on us, running and home exercises are more possible now than ever. I'd get onto a programme, and very importantly, you shoudl find a group of friends to join you. Nothing motivates like friends pulling you along, pushing you from behind, and being pushed by you.

So it's really important is to get both - the programme you can find on this site, on the Fitness page, and then on "Programmes". A lot depends on your level of fitness to begin with,and how quickly you'll adapt to training. But the programmes there will help you, and you can use your discretion as to how you progress. But really, it's a huge help to have friends, so maybe challenge them to join you and then you'll be able to do it.