Question
Posted by: Marcel | 2010/01/22

Poor research or poor / lazy writing ?

Note how the article describes the weight of the human brain, and then just a few lines later, contradicts itself (and yes, I did see the " about"  comment). Eish.

# The brain weighs about 1.5 kg in an adult human, about 1.5% of the body weight
# Brain damage results when brain cells are damaged through lack of oxygen, disease, or a head injury
# Common effects of brain damage include weakness of one or more limbs, impaired balance, memory loss and personality change, and epilepsy
# Damaged brain cells do not regenerate but mental and physical functions can improve after mild or moderate brain damage with skillful rehabilitation
# Compared to other animals, human brains are big for the body
# The human brain is only just bigger than your two fists
# On average, the male brain (1,4kg) is slightly bigger than the female brain (1,26kg).

Which article ? Not one of mine, shurely ?
I'd have thought the idea of the male brain being slightly bigger than the female ( on average ) rather cpounts against the idea of any reliable corrlation between brain size and abilities
Some people prefer the very accurate measurement of whatever we can measure, to the less accurate measurement of what actually matters

2
Posted by: Paul | 2010/01/22

Say what?

Reply to Paul