Question
Posted by: Joan | 2011/01/15

Poor oerformance

I employed a lady in April 2010 with a 6 months probation contract.
She could not meet the requirements and I would discuss it with her on several
Occasions. We gave her additional training where she required it.
Unfortunately she is still only a passenger in the business, with only 2
Receptionist all the responsibility revert back to one person.

I did not sign any further documents with her, it was only the discussions
In the presence of a college.

She is now pregnant and admit herself to hospital every 2nd Monday-Thursday for dehydration.
She does not pay attention to any request made during the weekly meetings and it seems as if she is now on a slow strike.
What is the best way to terminate her service.

Thanking you in advance

Joan

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Poor Performance

A Probationary contract is put into place in order to assess whether the person is the correct fit in the job. This does not have anything to do with poor performance. If there is poor performance you need to run a series of warnings for this. Once you have done the warnings and once she has received the third and final warning you have a performance hearing.

2
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/01/28

re: Poor Performance

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Casey | 2011/01/16

She is still on probation. Why don''t you get rid of her while she is still on probation?

Reply to Casey