Question
Posted by: johan | 2009-07-27

Pomeranian throat problems

I have a 9 month old pomeranian, she makes a sort of hoarse sound when running around, she does not seem out of breath, but she is prone to choking. After the running she acts as though she has something in her throat, usually i give her a bit if water or milk and this solves the problem. what do you think could be the problem.

Dear Johan

Can be a small airway, long soft palate or short nose. Have it checked out.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-27

I' d say the vet needs to check for any obstructions in her throat - could be something congenital, or not. If that' s all clear, discuss with the vet the possibility of a collapsing trachea.

Reply to Chill