Question
Posted by: Cherise | 2010-03-16

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Good day, I have been diagnosed with POS a few years ago. My gynae prescribed Minerva contraceptive and Glucophage. But I gained weight with the meds, although keeping a healthy lifestyle and doing a lot of cardio. Now my GP prescribed Yasmin. Will this affect my body in a negative way?

It shouldn't.

5
Posted by: Tracey | 2010-04-14

Hi there. I also have PCOS and an endochrinologist in PTA put me on Cipla-Pioglitazone. It regulates the insulin in your body whereas Glucophage regulates the sugar (so I''m told). It really helped with the weight. In the first 2 months I lost about 6 kilograms and then it stayed constant. However, after a year of using this medication, it had an effect on my teeth. My back teeth felt as though they had cavities. Upon dentist visits, I was informed my teeth are fine. I''ve left the medication and I have since picked up 2 kilo''s that won''t go away regardless of what I do. I''m also on Yasmin and I don''t think it has anything to do with the weight.

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Cherise | 2010-03-29

Thank you for the advice :)

Reply to Cherise
Posted by: Gigi | 2010-03-19

Are you following a Low GI Low fat diet, this will help. Yasmin should also help.....

Good Luck

Reply to Gigi
Posted by: Sara | 2010-03-18

I have PCOS ... and i was on Diane 35 for 6 months and lost 14 kg''s .... then my doc put me on Yasmin and Estofem was on it for a year and i gained weight ...

Maybe it works differently for some people ...

Good Luck

Reply to Sara
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-18

It shouldn't.