Question
Posted by: Doogz | 2008/06/25

POlycystic Ovaries

Hi Ther....
I jz need some clarity.... My first visit to the gynae was last year in Jan.... I have been married for 3 years this year. I was diagnosed with POCS & put on clomid straight away... I then noticed after a month of bieng on clomid I started having terrible abdomilnal pains... I had the full course of clomid but the pain is still persistent up2 now! I have had a laparoscopy which the gynae confirmed that I also have pelvic congestion??? Vericous veins around my uterus area... & that I have a retroverted uterus. Apparently ther iz nothing that I can do about the pain until I fall pregnant???? Im am now charting my temps & so forth & also on metphormin for my increased insulin levels.... Do u think that it is the Clomid that caused these pains??? they happen during my pre ovulation period... & they are far worse than my period pains! Im on pain tablets for 2 weeks straight & tat is excluding my period time!!! Surely ther iz something els I can do???
Pleeeeeeeeeez Help!!!!
Thanx

Dear Doogz
It is highly unlikely that a single dose of Clomid would be responsible for persistent pelvic pain. The effects of Clomid are usually short term and may not last for beyond 1 to 2 months and therefore I would strongly suggest that you have another gynaecological evaluation as soon as possible. Although pelvic vein congestion may well be responsible, I would also suggest that you exclude underlying endometriosis as this often may present with pelvic hypervascularity.

2
Posted by: Doogz | 2008/06/30

Thanx alot!!! I was thinkin the same thang cos on my first visit he had already put me on clomid... which i thawt was a bit fast.... Iv been thru 4 gynaes from then & im still not happy :-(

Reply to Doogz
Posted by: Tweety | 2008/06/27

I also have PCOS (polycystic ovaries) and i am insulin resistant (IR) and clomid is the worse thing to get prescribed if it is not monitored properly. The pains that is been persistant does not sound normal to me and I think you need to change from a gynea to a fertility doc as they know the best how to deal with policyctic ovaries, gyneas are to quick to prescribe clomid without thinking of the consequences. I say get a expert opinion from a fertility doc.

Reply to Tweety