Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/07/25

Poly cystic ovaries

Been trying for our 3rd child for eight months. Dr said at my last check-up that I have poly cystic ovaries and put me onto clomid - Been on clomid for four months. But we' re not having any luck. Took nine months to fall pregnant the first time and a year for the second time? (without medication) Can one fall preganant with the cysts? Should I be on other medication?
How long can I continue to take clomid?
Should I find a fertility specialist?

Dear Anonymous

You can fall pregnant with cysts. In fact you are a perfect example that despite having polycystic ovaries you have already two children. If the polycystic ovaries are causing anovulation then your doctor is correct by putting you on Clomid. You should continue Clomid for atleast 3-6 cycles and if the Clomid is working correctly in producing ovulation then one should generally be able to conceive within that period of time. If you still have not conceived after 6 months of treatment then it would be wise to see a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Q | 2009/04/15

I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been on Metformin 850mg for the past 5 weeks. We have been trying to conceive for the past 1 1/2 years, with no luck. My husband has now started taking Staminogrow. Our gynea feels the only way we will be able to conceive, this is if he can get me to Ovulate, would be via AI? Is there a chance I can conceive naturally and also, shouldn' t I be taking something like Clomid??

Please help.

Reply to Q
Posted by: Jvdw | 2008/07/25

Hi Anonymous

I would insist on seeing a Fertility Specialist ASAP. PCOS is not to be messed about with.... the same with Clomid!! Are you being scanned and monitored every cyle??

Reply to Jvdw