Question
Posted by: Sindy | 2009-08-21

Pollycythemia

I have recently been diagnosed with pollycythemia Vera, I' m a 27 year old female and over the past few weeks I have felt as though there is a swelling in my back, it' s about 7 fingers above my hip, it is not painful just uncomfortable. Is this related to the PV or should I have it checked out. What could it be?
thanks
Sindy

Sindy

I suggest that you consult your doctor, as it is most likely not related to the PV. Ask your doctor to evaluate the site of the swelling. Refer to the following link for detailed information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycythemia_vera