Question
Posted by: jaja | 2009/11/23

POLIO pain-foot

Good day,
My dad had Polio as a child and also had a few operations done in his foot in order to reduce the pain.

The first operation he had (years ago) was a total bugger up and as a result he is sufferring a lot.

He has extreme pain in his foot and despite wearing a special shoe he complains of it feeling like he is walking on his own " bones" .

Please, is there anything he can do relieve the pain? I have heard of magnetic therapy.. could this possibly help and where in SA can this be done?

Hallo Jaja
I think one first needs to have the foot examined by a good orthopedic surgeon - it may be secondary arthritis due to stress on the joint or trauma from the previous operation. Magnetic therapy won't really help for this kind of pain.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/23

Hallo Jaja

Reply to cyberdoc