Question
Posted by: Vanessa | 2011/02/17

Pock marks under feet

My son wears work boots all day for work and the soles of his feet have developed pock marks and actually have holes in the skin which is becoming painful. I believe it may be bacteria can a GP treat it, or does he have to go to a Podiatrist. Youe advice yould be appreciated.

Hallo Vanessa
You are right - it is caused by bacteria (Pitted Keratolysis) If possible, get him another pair of boots so that he can alternate wearing it. Let him wear thick cotton socks to absorb sweat and ask your doctor to prescribe antibiotic (erythromycin tablets or Eryderm lotion)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/18

Hallo Vanessa