Question
Posted by: Sanette | 2010/02/17

pneumonia

Dear Doc,
I wonder if you can explain something to me?
How does someone suddenly get pneumonia, keel over and die? A seemingly healthy friend many years ago (age 23) did just this, according to mostmortem examination. He seemed fine earlier that day, maybe a little sniffly, went out for the day, then collapsed and died on the spot that afternoon. The recent death of that movie star brittany murphy i think was also described as pneumonia with some added complications. I always thought with pneumonia, you were pretty sick. Can you really suddenly get pneumonia and die?
Thanks.

Hallo Sanette
It surely sounds strange as most people with pneumonia is sick for a few days. However an overdose of certain medications in combination can cause sudden death. (which happened to Brittany Murphy)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/17

Hallo Sanette
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc