Question
Posted by: mich 24 | 2009/05/21

PNEUMONIA

I had a chest x-ray last Tuesday 12th May which showed broncho-pneumonia. I was on antibiotic cyprol 500. I got better but now that I' m back at work 21 May 2009 I' ve got terrible post-nasal drip and tight chest and racking gagging cough. What can I take? The Theophen bronchodilator makes my heart run too fast.

Dear Mich24
Please let your doctor have another look at you - if you have a sinusitis, you have a risk of re-activating the broncho-pneumonia. You may also need to get some cortisone for the tight chest. Most of the syrups that will open up the chest will give you palpitations of the heart.