Posted by: Alison | 2012-03-10

I was admitted to hospital a month ago and they concluded it was pneumonits. Is this related to having Connective tissue disorder. I was treated with cortisone, plasmoquie, colchicine and duovent. Almost completely symptom free now. My question is, do you think I need to see the rheumatologist or not. My funds are not endless, but I am concerned that the connective tissue disorder is progressing and wonder if it is time to start daily plasmoquine (again. Thank you

Yes, it will be beneficial to consult a rheumatologist as soon as possible. Please be so kind as to keep me posted, especially about which connective tissue disease you are suffering from.

Posted by: Alison | 2012-03-12

There have been different positive factors over the years. Originally it was Sjorgrens, then at a point it was positive for scleraderma which is now negative. When I have experienced on going intractable headaches they concluded then it was SLE. I dout that but this responds well to plasmoquine and decadron. I will go and see the rheumatologist, but this time I will go to a Professor who''s name I am sure you can guess. I do not really believe it is any of these but maybe I am in denial.

Reply to Alison