Question
Posted by: Bets | 2008/08/04

Pnemonia

My late sister' s daughter is currently in hospital receiving treatment for pnemonia. The strange thing is that she has lost her speech completely and she can not swallow. Is her condition going to improve with time? Will she be able to speak again?

I am worried about this as it will alter her life competely because she wont be able to carry on working.

This is really a question you should send to Cyberdoc, as pneumonia is not in my area of expertise. Depending on the type of infection she has, she may well have a very sore throat, which hopefully would improve with treatment. And you need especially to ask her own doctor, the one who is treating her now, to get a clear and helpful reply.