Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011-11-07

PND treatment

I was treated with PND last year February. I was put on Cilift for about 14 months after which I started Efexor. I only used it for about 3 months when I started to feel depressed again. I am on 10mg Cilift together with 50mg Molipaxin. Is this a good combination, why do they work together and what are the side effects?
Michelle

Its hard to predict which ADs will suit who ; maybe 50% of us are well suited by the first one we try. Usually, we would try one, and if after 2 weeks a proper dose it hasn't produced much benefit, one would try another of a diferent variety. One wouldn't usually use 2 at once unless one had really not worked at all. Cilift suits many people, Molipaxin may also be helpful ; I have not seen any good sudy of the effects of using these together. Your doctor, who presumably IS familiar with this combination, should have informed you of potential side-effects. I hope you are being treated by a good local Psychiatrist rather than a GP, as this is always the best policy. If you are indeed seing a pychiatrist who has recommended this combination, try this advice, for a week or 2 and discuss it with him if there has been no useful improvement