Question
Posted by: Fee | 2009/12/18

PND

Hi there, I have been off Cipralax for 2-3mths now. Had PND twice, after each child. I am having mood swings, melt downs over silly things, feel intensely irritable with my kids a lot of the time, feel trapped and unhappy with my life. Do you think I am still suffering from PND? Was on meds for a year?

Hard to tell, from a distance, but continuing PND, or a return of it, is surely a posibility. One usually needs to remain on it for at least 9 months or so to reduce the risk of a depression returning, and yopu were on it for a year. It may be that CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) would be useful in dealing with the details of the trapped / discontent issues, which dont't respond as such to medication

1