Posted by: Geena | 2012-11-20

PMS Symptoms after Menstruation

I am so frustrated, i have been experiencing PMS symptoms which are like pregnancy symptoms, low appetite, fatique, headaches, stomach cramps and the worst of all sore breast (swollen). two weeks back i got so sick with UTI, with the same symptoms. that was after i had my periods. After testing for pregnancy in the doctor''s room which came back negative, and the doctor concluded that its a severe UTI infection but a week and half later i still struggle with the symptoms, there is still traces of blood when i urinate, my breast are still sore and swollen. I have already taken 2 more HPT at different times which came back negative. I have read a bit about Post Menstrual Syndrome/symptoms but shouldnt they be over by now if i was experiencing that. my periods ended 8 november. can i rely on the HPT results, would i need a blood test to really figure out if i am pregnant?

Blood can be present in the urine for at least 6 weeks after an urinary tract infection. I suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for an examination and ultrasound, as well as a full hormonal profile. We can only speculate that you might be pregnant or that you have a hormone imbalance and it will therefore be best to consult a gynaecologist.

Posted by: Foge | 2012-11-26

It''s always a pleasure to hear from soemnoe with expertise.

Reply to Foge