Question
Posted by: Diane | 2011/08/18

PMS in 40''s

Hi there.

Please advice me regarding the following.

I got my first period pretty much around the age of 14. I never had a days problems. And when I listened to other females talk about PMS, I wondered what they where on about.

After my second child I went on the injection, and that worked fine for me. In my 30''s I started bleeding directly from my uterus wand, apparently something about the injection not containing enough estrogen.

Since then I have not really used much birth control as my sex life is pretty pathetic. I am single, so you, know, it is just too much effort to go and look for some.

My question is this, why in all my years did I never get PMS, but since I hit 40, I get it badly. It is like I turn into this monster that has no control over her actions, and I am stuck as this little voice in the back of my head, asking me? WTF! But I can''t seem to be able to I don''t know, put myself back into the normal box?

Is this normal? Is there a reason? Is there something that I should/could do to help?

Many thanks.

It is normal and is due to the hormone changes that happen as you approach menopause. You could try Evening Primrose oil.

1