Posted by: Jane | 2009-06-03

PMS - Anyone please help!

Hi everyone, I seem to be suffering from really terrible PMS and was wondering if people out there had any advice. I am 30 years old and the symptoms have go worse as I have got older. Exactly 2 weeks before I get my period I get really bloated and my boobs get HUGE and ache. I also get quite irrational and grumpy and have trouble sleeping. I went to the pharmacy at lunchtime and got Femolin and Bio-Femina, has anyone every tried these and have they helped? Or if anyone has other advice especially for my ultra sore boobs I will be really grateful.

You could try Evening Primrose oil or Vitamin B6.

Posted by: Karen | 2009-06-04

Hey Jane I have suffered from PMS all my life, and now I' m in my forties am going through Perimenopause which has symptoms of PMS but sometimes at odd times during my cycle. I have been taking Femolin which really helped me with the irritability and depression . I assume you are on the normal dose - however there is a stronger one available which do a better job if the symptoms don' t improve. Don' t give up just yet though, as it takes about a month before you see any difference. What you might want to try is Progesterone Cream - this is excellent for PMS and menopause. Because there is so much oestrogen in food-stuffs, plastics etc, we usually benefit from balancing it out with Progesterone. Also try to eat free-range meats, as they don' t have hrmones pumped into them, and avoid refined foods, especially sugar and salt. Calcium in the form of yoghurt, cheeses, milk plus calcium supplements also helps. I take a lot of other supplements, and find Evening Primrose Oil (Omega 6) good too. Wishing you all the best.

Reply to Karen