Question
Posted by: Abby | 2009/11/24

PMS and Diet

I suffer from PMS and I have tried so many remedies but it doesnt help .Im on a low gi diet and it also not not helping with the PMS .

Two of my friends are on Dr Cohen Diet and they are saying after doing this Diet they are not expereincing any PMS symptoms , none at all .WHY DO U THINK THAT IS ?

Im thinking of doing the Cohen Diet but I know You are agaisnt protein diets .At this point I would do anything that will do away with PMS .

Dear Abby
I cannot imagine why individuals would improve their PMS by eating loads of protein and cutting out all carbs, because PMS is caused by hormonal imbalances around menstruation. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read article 57 'PMS and diet' to obtain tips on what you can do to prevent PMS symptoms. I would also recommend that you discuss the PMS with your dr or gynae because there may be underlying problems like polycystic ovarian syndrome which is often linked to insulin resistance. Regular daily aerobic exercise for at least 30 min per day can help improve your insulin and glucose levels, and assist with the PMS and/or weightloss, so start doing an aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day.

1

Dear Abby