Question
Posted by: mimi | 2010/06/07

PMS AND DEPRESSION

all my life I''ve always suffered from very terrible pms symptoms but in the past two its become worse, I get so deeply depressed before and during my periods I cant function at all. it got so bad 2 days ago I resorted to getting drunk which has left me in an even darker bottomless pit, yesterday I stayed in bed and cried all day and yes I have a lot of deep seated emotional issues that I''m a battling with which make it even worse, I feel like I want to die

OK, I'm no longer an expert in the most up-to-date treatments of PMS as such. You're right, that getting drunk worsens depressions, even if at first it might seem to let you feel a bit brighter. You sound really depressed, and should see, asap, preferably a goo local psychiatrist, and at least a good GP, for assessment and a discussion of your treatment options.

5
Posted by: mimi | 2010/06/08

thank you so much Purple, willl try it and the professional help too, i''m desperate

Reply to mimi
Posted by: Annie | 2010/06/08

And with that i mean with the depression with PMS

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Annie | 2010/06/08

Glad to hear there''s people with the same problem as myself out there...thought there was something wrong with me...

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Purple | 2010/06/08

Magnesium and evening primrose oil help tremendously wiht PMS. They won''t take away depression but they help with all the other symptoms. Go and see your doctor about the depression with your PMS.
Try taking Primeve plus which has evening primrose oil and magnesium, its available over the counter.
It helps a bit with your mood, after a few months headaches will stop, it helps with bloating, it helps with chocolate cravings and associated weight gain, and it helps with lethargy around this time too.
Its available over the counter. I started taking it a year ago and have noticied a significant improvement.
I am however on anti depressants as well, but I have a very strong family history of depression, so that is not just PMS related (it just gets worse then).

You can get help for this and you will start to feel better.

Reply to Purple