Question
Posted by: Anna | 2012/03/26

PMS &  Lupus

Dear Doc,
I''ve noticed a painful lump in my armpit about a week before every period. My breasts also become swollen and painful about 2 weeks before. Is there something natural I can take? I''ve been using evening primrose oil supplements for over a year but don''t feel any difference.

I''ve been diagnosed with a Lupus/Dermatomyositis overlap and am currently in remission. My doc advised me that I won''t be able to go on the pill to alleviate the PMS because the estrogen in the pill will affect the Lupus negatively.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The lump is probably breast tissue. One option would be the Mirena which is likely to stop your periods.

1