Question
Posted by: Annemarie | 2011/01/31

PMS

Good morning again Doc

What suppliment/ food is the best to relieve severe PMS symptoms?

I am currently on Yaz birthcontrol pills. Previously on Yasmin. The doctor decided to change my pill after i stopped menstruating (duo to post tramatic stress after a certain event.) I am now one month on Yaz and still nothing. This is now a year. Some people will say that i am very lucky....

But one week before my " supposed to be cycle"  i am a MONSTER.

Take note that i also posted my question to the Pharmasist and to the Vital Expert. Not that i dont trust your answer. Just want to get a view opinions.

Take care

Dear Annemarie
I am sorry to hear that you suffered from post traumatic stress and that you are having problems with menstruation and PMS. I would urge you to consult a Gynaecologist for a complete checkup to find out why you are not menstruating and also to discuss the use of YAZ instead of Yasmin, if the former pill is making you feel so ill for a week a month. From a dietary point of view you can click on 'Diet'nFood' and 'DietDoc's articles' and look for the article on 'PMS and Diet' (it used to be number 57). Basically you need to eat a balanced, low-GI diet, take B complex vitamins, reduce your salt intake and do some gentle exercises.
Holding thumbs that you can firstly get relief from the PMS and secondly get back to normal gynaecologically.

1

Dear Annemarie