Question
Posted by: pms | 2010-11-02

pms

HI.
I was wondering if there was perhaps something icould take for pms. I find that a few days before my periods, i have backache, stomach ache and i have hot flushes fever, sweat alot in my sleep. I am 30 havent had kids but i used to have back ache the night before. the past two months the symptoms are drawn out and make me very restless

The Pill often helps with PMS. Other options are Ponstan for the stomach ache and Evening Primrose oil for the other symptoms.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-04

Posted by: Purple | 2010-11-02

Evening primrose oil is meant to help. You can get it in capsules at most pharmacies in the vitamin section.
I bought one of those wheat hot " water"  bottles from clicks that you heat in the microwave and used to use that for period pains in my back.
At school the PE teachers used to tell us excercise helped - yes, while you excercise, but the second you stop, the pain is 5 times as bad as before, so unless you are a regular excerciser, that probably won''t work.

Reply to Purple