Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-01-19

I eat a very healthy balanced eating plan and excercise regularly but 7days before my period i crave junk and bread and jam and alcohol which i never crave it freaks me out and i feel bloated and huge. I take vitb6 and omega 3

Dear Kasandra
Hormone fluctuations can make the serotonin levels in your brain decrease which causes these cravings. The best way to counteract them is to ensure that you are eating plenty of carbohydrates and protein with a low fat content because carbs and protein increase the serotonin levels in the brain and make you feel better. Eat a carb like rye or wholewheat bread and jam or fruit or vegetables at each meal and a low-fat protein like yoghurt or fat-free cottage cheese, but avoid the alcohol as this will make you feel worse.