Posted by: Lu | 2008-11-25

Hi - I have children, almost 40 and not on any contraceptives, yet have had my tubes tied.
After my last child, who is now 2 - my body returned to normal within a few months, normal regular periods, with no symptoms, for past 2 months, at least 10 days prior to my period, my breasts become so enlarged and sore that it is actually for me so uncomfortable and embarrasing, as I am not used to them and it... I find that it is painful to jog - although I have a strapped top on, i find it sore when they are touched... and I sometimes end up in tears due to the pain. Is there anything that I should be worried about? is there anything that I can take to alleviate these symptoms or to NOT have them all together - after my tubes have been tied, I also notice that on the 2nd day of my cycle, I become very bloated and have a heavy period with clotting - is this due to the tubes being tied or should I be more worried about this? and have a period for about 7 days, which is the pits... mainly I need some advice on the painful breasts and how to not have these symptoms... menopause as I am 40, I do not have symptons as yet, but could this be a start of it,.

I suspect that you were on the Pill before you had your tubes tied. This has many advantages, including making periods lighter and preventing PMS. Now that you are not using hormonal contraception, you have these symptoms. This is not menopause, just the normal cyclical changes that most women have. You could try Evening Primrose oil for the tender breasts.