Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/07/07

Pms

I get very heavy periods ¤ pms crave sugar and carbs ¤ feel lightheaded and tired ¤ what foods do i eat? I dönt eat red meat, what is the best iron supplement to take?

Dear Kasandra
Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read article 57 'PMS and diet' to obtain tips on what you can do to prevent these PMS symptoms. There are many iron supplements available, but you can try using Supradyn Forte to supplement you iron intake. Also keep in mind that other protein sources like fish and eggs also contain iron, that all maize meal and wheat flour (and bread baked with this flour) is fortified with iron in SA, and that most breakfast cereals contain added iron. Dried fruit are also a source of iron, esp raisins.