Question
Posted by: Therien | 2010-05-12

PMR

Ek is 14 dae gelede gediagnoseer met PMR. Volgens die bloedtoetse wys daar nie rumatiek merkers nie so ek verstaan dit nie. Ek was net by ''n GP. My regterhand en pols asook die bo-arm pyn ongelooflik. Die linkerkant begin ook nou. Ek is op ''n hoe dosis kortisoon 40mg per dag geplaas. Ek cope redelik goed maar so twee dae ''n week kan ek skaars loop en het geweldige pyn in die spiere agter in my rug. Kan rumatologie my enigsins help met die probleem ???? Niks help vir die pyn nie!!!!!!!

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Hello Therien

My apologies that I cannot answer you in afrikaans - I understand it and read it but cannot reply in it.
So I will reply in English.

Reflexology can definately help. You will need to have regular treatments to start off with - for example about twice a week for about 4 - 6 weeks - then you can see how you feel and make it to once a week to be able to cope with the pain you are feeling.

Here is a website to find a good therapist near you; vacuflex.com
Click on to therapist and then the area you live in and you can go and have some treatments.

All the best.

Kindest regards,
Stella