Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/07/06

PMDD

Been taking Lexamil 20mg a day for PMDD but the sideeffects is really bead and I still hve to take ativan to avoid panic attackes. is thereany other anti depressent I can use and what about fluoxetine? heard that it works really well. should I consider changing or should I stay on the Lexamil?

You don't mention how long you have been taking the Lexamil - all ADs take 2 weks or a bit more to show their benefits, and on the other hand their side-effects are worst in the first week, as one adjusts to get used to them.
There are a great many alternative antidepressants that can be effective, whether taken for depression or panic disorder or other indications. You can't change to any other AD without a doctor's prescription, and suddenly stopping any AD can make you feel unpleasant for a while. So you need to re-visit your prescribing doc, for a review of the situation, a discussion of alternative meds, and how most comfortably to get there from here.

1