Question
Posted by: DeonGP | 2010/10/12

PMB

A patient of mine suffers from seveere Osteoarthritis of 1 hip with total destryed femur head. He needs a total hyp replacement, but being on Discovery Key, a low income Medical aid, they refused. The patient thought it might be a PMB disease and they should fix it. Do you perhaps know if this disease is a PMB disese? Regards Dr GJ Louw Parow

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Deon,

Dr Hennie Bosch ( Durbanville) is our hip specialist on the panel and feel free to contact him. I agree that osteoarthritis should be covered by the medical aid. I am not sure about the PMB aspects of such a diagnosis

Regards,

Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/10/17

Dear Deon,

Regards,

Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum