Posted by: Warren | 2013-01-15

PLZ Help Need - Urgently

I''m married for 10 years now but separated a year now. Before separation my wife helped me pay the 2 major loans I made while she was maternity leave for 10 months. Then she decided to end the marriage once again. Who knows since when she has been cheating on me again. Finally, I just gave up although we have a daughter now, almost 2yrs old. Financially I''m struggling my butt of and I cant even support my child fully like I want too. I would like to know if there''s anything I can do for her to still pay half of the loans? I''m not sure how long the divorce is going to take coz I might just pay the loans finish and we still not divorced. I''m just so drained from struggling with finance. She also moved out and I''m paying the full bond. She''s not giving a cent towards the debt she left me in. Please Help! I would like to know what I can do in this regard. We are married in COP. I need sumthing done now and not wait till the divorce is final.

Posted by: FIO | 2013-01-24

If married in COP, she is liable for half your debt, simple as that, unless she can prove the debt was incurred without her knowledge, and due to extreme negligence on your side, such as gambling, alcohol abuse etc.

Bottom line is that in COP all assets and liabiliies are equal responsibilities.

Reply to FIO