Question
Posted by: Pugs | 2009-01-22

Plz help me

Hi. I am 1.54m and weigh 68. My bmi is 29. I have to loose 10- 15kg. How much time should i take to loose this weight? This is what ive been eatin for the past week and halp and havent lost any weight... Breakfast: Weetbix wit lf milk 1tsp sugar. Snack: Peach.Lunch: Toast tuna sand wit 1 tblsp light mayo wit salad on low gi bread. Snack: ff yoghurt. Supper: Grilled chicken wit salad,swt potato, butternut and 1 slice low gi bread. Gym: 30 min brisk walk. 3- 4 times a week. Going for thyroid chek next week. Plz help. Thank you

Dear Pugs
You are correct that your BMI = 28,7 and that to achieve an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh about 52,5 kg. Because 15 kg is a lot to lose, you should initially aim to lose 8 kg to get your BMI down to 25, which is the upper limit of normal. Do things in stages otherwise you may get discouraged. The diet you describe is reasonable and should start promoting a weightloss of about 1 kg per week which is ideal. Don't try to lose faster as this often leads to failure of the diet and/or regain of all the weight you have lost. You can slowly increase how fast and far you walk as you get fitter and also try to exercise for 30 min every day. If you do suffer from hypothyroidism then the dr will prescribe thyroid hormone replacement tablets which should improve your weightloss. Give your body a chance to adapt to the new diet and the exercise and persevere.