Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2010/10/26

Plus-size and pregnant

I am very overweight (weigh over 100), and I''ve just found out that I''m pregnant with my second child. What concerns should I be aware of? Is it possible to have a healthy pregnancy?

I am concerned about my and my baby''s health - can I change my eating habits to eat more veg, and cut out carbs? I know I shouldn''t diet while pregnant, but surely it would be healthier than not doing anything about my weight, as I will obviously pick up weight with the pregnancy.

Any advice, please.

A healthy diet is advisable. DietDoc will be able to help you with this. High blood pressure and diabetes are the main concerns if you are overweight.

1