Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2010-09-30

Pls suggest killa leg workout

HI I''m a 36 yr old woman, very fit for her age. I have a new job which takes up all my time and when I get home there is only time to sort my child out and get a decent night''s rest. I''m a single mum and if we go to the gym I can train no longer than 20 mins or the evening programme will run late and I''ll get my baby to bed late.

This means I can only train over the weekend. My arms shoulders and back seem to cope with such short training spells but I need time for my legs. On Saturday when I have time, can you pls suggest a killa workout I can do for my legs? Really, it is looking like I''ll only be able to train them propelry once a week. What shd a once-a-week leg workout consist of? Or shd I train them on Sundays too?

thanks

leanne

Hi Leanne

I hate to bear bad news, but there is no such thing as a killer workout on one day a week for that short a time. The people who we see as having the best legs (or any muscle, really) are there because they've trained super hard for a really long time. Obviously, there are genetic differences, and people differ - some might improve quickly, others not. But you need to do as much training as is possible.

The full set of lunges, squats, heel raises, and then some kind of cardio activity, like running, or cycling, or stepping, is what's required. And really, if you are looking for real results, then it will take more than just one or two days a week. Every bit counts, but one has to set the right expectation.