Question
Posted by: Tula | 2008/09/09

Pls interpret this!! Esp men.

Hi all

There is a guy I am seeing casually, at least I have been forced to accept it must be just casual as we don' t c each other more than once a week. We are in touch daily via sms or calls (primarily sms, 15 to 30 a day) but visits are only on weekends. We live on opposite sides of town and I prefer not to leave the house often as I have a young child. We’ ve been doing this casual thing close to two months now. I am not aware of anyone he is dating and I am not seeing anyone but him. Especially after being single for 6 yrs.

I am 34 he is 30, a bit alarming. Also my being a single mum is of concern to anyone I meet I guess. So I’ ve tried to avoiding jumping to any conclusions about what we are to each other.

He is in great shape and I’ m very into fitness too. Last night we were talking via sms about keeping fit then he sent this text. ' Am actually off to the gym just now, intend to be fit even at the age of 60. Something to look forward to..." 

All of a sudden I am wondering if maybe he does care for me? Why would he say that him being fit at 60 is something I shd look forward to? Or does he just mean it is something HE is looking forward to? I will sound like an absolute twit if I say ‘ what do you mean?’  so I left it there - but I’ m asking here on the forum hoping to get some help! Any interpretations? Its bn six years - I am no longer familiar with all the nuances in dating, even casual dating.

Tula

A Casual relationship exchanging 30 SMS a day ?
There's no way anyone else can interpret him for you -- you need to discuss this with him, calmly, and better understand each other

4
Posted by: Eva | 2008/09/10

I dissagree, i think he meant it' s for you to look forward to

Reply to Eva
Posted by: Salsa | 2008/09/09

Whats so alarming in an age difference of 4 years ? Thats nothing in most peoples books. Look around you and you will find so many older woman happily married or living together with a younger man.
You must tell him , speak to him , and make sure he is listening , when you tell him what you want .

Best of luck

Reply to Salsa
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/09

I also think he was referring to himself. The age difference is not necessarily alarming, and he knows you' re a single mom so it' s up to him to decide how he wants to deal with that. You must decide what it is that you want. If you want to have a deeper relationship with him, then tell him so, or ask him if he sees any future for you and him. Be aware though that you could lose the friendship if he doesn' t feel the same as you do. If you just enjoy spending time with him once a week, then carry on doing that.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/09/09

I think he meant himself.

Reply to Zexeon