Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/11/26

Pls help with contraception question

Please help. I have been on triphasil for a few years now and have been generally good taking it. I was away on holiday a few days ago and forget to take my pill. I saw it the next morning and took it as soon as I could but I had sex 2 days later and am worried the pill was ineffective due to me taking it late. Also it was on day 15 which is generally the fertile period. I took the morning after pill about 30 hours after. Will I be safe or should I worry? I would appreciate any comments.

The guidelines for missed pills state that if administration is more than 24hours late, the missed pill should be taken immediately and the next at the usual tiem and then for 7 days thereafter additonal precaution should be used (abstinence or condom use). It seems that you forgot your pill over night (less than 24 hours later) so the chances of decreased efficacy should be minimal. You have also used the emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse so it seems that you have taken extra precaution to avoid a pregnancy occurring. Don't forget condom use.

4
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010/11/27

Reply to Sexologist
Posted by: nt | 2010/11/26

u should be safe if u took the emergency pill within 72 hours

Reply to nt
Posted by: Zola | 2010/11/26

Not safe. Wait until your period''s supposed to start and do a pregnancy test

Reply to Zola
Posted by: Pete | 2010/11/26

Your save baby, don''t worry

Reply to Pete