Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2009-03-05

Pls help me to loose weight

I am 31 yrs old. I' m about 5ft 5 and weigh 71.5 kg. I want to get down to 60 kg. I started picking up weight after my last child was born .

Dear Natasha
Your present BMI = 26,3 which is in the overweight category, but not too excessive. If you can lose those 11,5 kg then you would have an ideal BMI of 22. Women often find that their weight increases after the birth of a child. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (e.g. importance of exercise, etc) by surfing on this site.