Posted by: violla | 2013-01-09

Pls help

I had been in an abusive relationship for sometime whereby I also had to cut my friends off .I managed to get out of it. Circles are now closed, there is no entertainment and very limited activities that one can participate on in my area.People prefer to socilalise with those who drink liquor,and I''m not. I''m therefore living a lonely and uninteresting life. As a result I''m avoiding dating (particularly strangers) as I''m afraid that I will run out of things to talk about thus be a boring g/f. Pls help/advise!

Congratulations on managing to get out of it, maybe also explore support groups for abused people, which may be supportive and help you resist any temptation to fo back to the abuser.
If you "had to cur (my) friends off", you must have had friends before - couldn't you approach them again, explaining what happened, and asking if you can again spend some time with them ?
With Internet, TV, and other acess to stories and gossip, there's nop need to be dull and have nothing to talk about - and remember, other people usually find themselves absolutely fascinating, so asking about them, themselves, usually interests them a lot !