Question
Posted by: Angry lady | 2011/10/16

pls help

Hi,i have been going out with this guy i work with for about a year now(secretly). He spend 3yrs in jail for fraud,he said 7/8 yrs ago en he also said he was innocent en later aquited. Now two wks back on tuesday the cops arrested him at work en said they''v looking for him all these years coz the appeal court nve aquited him bt rduced the sentence from 18yrs to 15yrs.
My frustration is whthr to believe him or nt coz he says hes got papers to prove his release en the cops have got it wrong. Hes been in jail for two weeks now en ive alredy spnd money on for lawyers eb stuff. I know i wont get my money back coz he might be fired when he gets out possibly this thursday.
Please advise on wat to do,i want to end the relationship with him the minute he gets out coz i dnt need this drama in my life.

I love him bt his arrest is now my problem en dat is frustrating me.. Sorry for the long post.

Sounds deeply suspicious, doesn't it. And a successful fraud is of course talented at making you trust him and believe him. Ignore what he SAYS - he's very likely to tell you anything that makes him look better, true or not. Its highly unlikely that the cops would re-arrest him for no reason - its hard enough to get them to arrest anyone, even when they're caught in the act of committing a crime !
Dont waste your money on lawyers etc for him - he can have a public defender, and if the facts are as stated, there would be no grounds for appeal or for success. If he genuinely had papers proving he had been released as innocent, he wouldnt have been arrested and would have ben released when he presented those magic papers.
If he escaped custody and was supposed to be in prison all along, they're surely not going to release him on Thursday ! Indeed, he would have to go pback into jail not only to complete his original sentence, but for additional time for whatever he may have done in the meantime.
You are wise to recognize that you have probably been added to his list of victims, and that it is indeed best to simpl end this relationship right now - calmly but firmly, and then to move on with your life, and wait for someone more honest and believable, and less complicated

1