Question
Posted by: annas angel | 2010-05-05

pls advise

i suffered with anorexia as a teen. i would like to think that i have recovered but ever since having a baby, who is now 3, i cant seem to lose weight! the more weight i gain, the more i think about my past and how successful i was. i feel like a total fool for having let myself lose the one thing that i was good at and that everybody else struggles to do-lose weight! i want to go back to my life of ana so desperately. i am 1.72 and weigh 68 kgs-my highest ever! help...plz

See a good psychiatrist for a re-assessment if you are beginning to obsess over a reasonably normal weight, lest you slide back into Eating Disorder again. I am certain there are many things you are good at and could be good at - losing weight inappropriately is a feature of eating disorder and no form of achievement or skill whatever. Feeling wistfully boastful about this is like a serial killer nostalgically remembering how good he was as killing.
Ana is a delisuon ( and even using that term shows you may have been infested by the lies of the pro-Ana activists who are profoundly wicked and harmful people. Instead of becoming good at wholesome skills you can and should be proud of, Ana gets you hooked on a pathetic and self-defeating pretense of being in control - by being in control of getting out of control.
The problem is not your weight now, but your Ana delusional and fruitless habits of thinking and behaving. See a good shrink urgently to regain genuine control of your health

2
Posted by: answer | 2010-05-05

you sound totally healthy - 68kgs is the right weight for you please do not go back to anorexia it will destroy you.

i had the horror of seeing someone on their last dying moments with anorexia you should know that you cant go back to it.

Reply to answer